The Iowa Caucus results had slightly different results than what I expected. I was correct about Obama, but surpised about Huckabee. It only goes to show the only poll that matters is on election day. One of the websites I went to see the results listed the amount of votes each candidate received.
I am disappointed approxiamtely 300k out of 2mil did their civic duty. A CNN Anaylsyst made an intersting observation that 30% of the Democrats that voted were under 30. I think the younger voters are able to identify with Obama. Obama may not have the years of political experience his opponents have, but he brings in a fresh perspective.
I requested my absentee ballot last week. Missouri has open primaries so I didn't have to specify which party ballot I want. I plan on voting for Obama once I receive it. He is ambitious about bringing about positive changes in our country and improving foriegn relations. His fresh perspective won't include the "politics as usual" that some other candidates may be tempted to do.
I'm looking forward to seeing the New Hampshire results tomorrow. Hopefully a larger percentage will vote. I disagree with the loosing Iowa and New Hampshire and you're out philosphy. I think Bill Clinton lost both and wound up winning the election. Get out and vote or request an absentee ballot. I was chatting with a guy earlier today who said he made 14 trips taking people to their voting place. I typically only hear of candidates providing rides. Hopefully the trend of helping your neighbor to the polls will increase as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Casey. I thought I'd check out your Blog after you e-mailed us about it.
So you support Obama? Is that just among the Democrats or would you vote for him in the general election if he makes it?
As Christians, do you think he is the best candidate to vote for based on biblical principles? That's how I think we should vote, what about you? Like many other Christians, I don't vote for the best person that "has a chance to win" but the best person based on how they line up with the word of God regardless of what their Party Affiliation is.I haven't made a final decision yet, but as of now I'm leaning toward Ron Paul followed by Mike Huckabee. Whether Ron Paul will be there to vote for even in our Idaho Primary remains to be seen and he has said twice that he will not run as an independent or otherwise if he doesn't get the Republican nomination. On those social issues that are important to many Christians I think Paul and Huckabee are close. But I think Paul rightly has brought out some concerns about our national debt and constitutional concerns. I'm not crazy about how many liberals seem to like him because of libertarian views, but that's because they either don't understand him or don't care. Some also misunderstand him because of the way he voted that makes it seem he voted differently that what he says he believes on various social issues, but it was because it was unconstituitonal or he belived it was somethign out frderal government shouldn't be deciding. Regardless of Ron Paul's outcome, if something is not done about our national debt and government spending, our nation is headed for disaster in my opinion and our children and grandchildren will not be living in the same type of country we are. I actually talked about this some in our Sunday service before New Year's.
Anyway, I hope all is well in the Lord your way...
Brother Bret
Brett,
I hate to vote with "electability" and not vote against someone, but I am giving in. I don't want Hillary to win the Democratic nomination. I think Obama does have some positive influences though.
I am more in-line with Senator Brownback's view and not just supporting my hometown neighbor lol. The media has only focused upon the top 4 contenders in both parties. I didn't even know, however am not surprised, that Al Keyes is running until he debate in a primarily black audience in which the top 3 had "scheduling conflicts."
Post a Comment