Wednesday, January 9, 2008

8,000 Votes Away

It was a close race between Clinton and Obama tonight. I did expect the gap between them to be closer than the Iowa Caucus results. Edwards is needs to adjust some of campaigning if he desires to continue being a contender. It would be slightly ironic if Edwards wins the Michigan Primary next Tuesday. Hopefully Obama will make come out victorious next week.

Hopefully the Michigan Primary will cause one of the Republican candidates to stand out. Huckabee had a 9% victory over Romney in Iowa; Romney had 67% of the Republican votes in the Wyoming Primary; McCain beat Romney tonight by 5%. I suspect Romney will come in at least second in Michigan.

I totaled the number of votes (from the 96% reporting) and calculated a percentage estimate of the folks who voted. I used the U.S. Census Bureau's 2006 population estimate of those 18 and older. I came up with the result of 50%. Being that not everyone eligible to register has, I would say the New Hamsphirians have done alright in supporting their candidates in action by voting.

It's still early and is anyone's game and only time and voters will tell the victors.

No comments: