Sunday, January 6, 2008

About Me

My name is Casey. I have been serving in the United States Navy for 11 years. This is the second time I have been stationed in Maryland. I have previosly been assigned in Hawaii, Diego Garcia, and Japan.

I have 2 older step brothers, a brother, and a sister. I don't know my step brothers that well. I only saw them a couople of times before my mom and step dad married (after my high school graduation). My brother is transitioning out of the Marines after a little over four years of service. My sister is still in high school and will be graduating this spring.

Some of my interests are reading, cooking, and traveling. I like doing a moderate workout a couple of times a week. I also like various aspects of finance, especially investments. I have a small collection of art prints. Most of them are scenses in the MD/VA area and a couple I bought while in Japan. I spend my online time playing games, chatting, reading blogs (work and home), and reading news sites (mostly FNC and CNN).

I am presently taking a couple of online classes. I regret not pursing my degree at my previous shore commands. I should be close, if not finished, with a BS in Computer Science at the end of my current assignment. The important things is to earn one while I am still active duty and qualify for tuition assistance.

I hope to use this blog to post my thoughts on current world affairs and things going on in my life. I appreciate constructive comments, whether they are in agreement or disagrement with my opinions.

No comments: